I’m George O’Brien
Your Information Tech Extraordinaire
North Carolina – Open to Travel
An IT Guru in North Carolina
Google IT Certified Professional | Information & Event Technology Specialist | Project Manager | Website Designer, Developer | IT Consultant | You name it, I’ve Done it
My passion for information technology, whether helping a business with branding, web design, web, app, and software development, or consulting, all stem from one place; that new shared connection and my love for the digital arts. Though, admittedly I am enamored with everything tech. My work allows me to touch the lives of and connect with many people, whether clients or the IT guru professionals who (sometimes) work alongside me from project to project.
Notably, I love to travel! If given the opportunity, I will travel from site to site as this is an added bonus and something I hope for always in my business and personal life. I love what I do—pure freedom, plain and simple.
IT Guru | Designer | Entrepreneur
Goge Global Enterprises
05/2010 – Present
- A customer-centric approach focused on building an environment of loyalty and trust. Customer-first attitude and exceeding service expectations result in verifiable exemplary online reviews and recommendations.
- Designed, built and maintained websites using scripting languages (HTML5/CSS3, JS, PHP), content creation tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), web management tools (DreamWeaver, Magento, WordPress, etc.), and digital media (InDesign, etc.).
- Utilized and managed: Web-based version control softwares, i.e. GitHub, OS Management and setups i.e. Active Directory, Various communication tools i.e. Meet, Server Setup & Installations including virtual. Network security consultation and policy writing, network security implementation and protocols, project management tools i.e. Asana. The list is long. I carry an “I can get it done attitude” and I always back it up.
Event Tech Specialist contractual
Southwestern Community College
04/2022 – 07/22
- Install, set up and operate recording and transmission equipment for audio, video and data systems;
evaluate special effects and produce these in compliance with legal requirements;
- Plan and organize the technical operations necessary for an event.
- Apply technical regulations and standards, regulations relating to places of public assembly, and the legal provisions relating to data protection, intellectual property rights and personal privacy;
project manager contractual
Alliance Auto Umbrella Corp.
04/2016 – 12/2017
- Design and development team leader for multiple websites i.e. Project Manager
- Software team lead on new SaaS implementations.
- E-commerce, SEO, Magento development, database handling, company network infrastructure support and implementation.
I’ve gotten to work for some amazing COMPANIES in my career!
Education & SKills
Event Technologies Audio/Video
Server Installation & Setup
OS Configurations (Broad)
Network Security & Infrastructure
Product Strategy & Branding
Sales / Project Management
University of Western Carolina
BS Industrial Chemistry – Business Minor
08/2004 – 05/2008
The core curriculum includes courses such as General, Organic, & Inorganic Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Chemical Dynamics. Though I had a deep interest in the way things worked at the molecular level, by the time I was finished with my degree I found my love in graphic design and computer science.
University of Western Carolina
MS Business & Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship is a practical, hands-on program with a curriculum designed by actual entrepreneurs who met the challenges of growing an entrepreneurial venture in the face of increasing competition. Two major concentrations, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Leadership focusing on a comprehensive view of business and the strategic thinking needed to run your own. Goge Web Design was my offspring while in the program. I have it to thank for all my successes to date.
I worked with George to re-work a web site that I managed. The previous version of the site was very out-dated and George did a great job of putting together a modern framework for the new site and taking the content from the previous site and integrating it into his new framework. I was extremely pleased with his work and would recommend him to others who have similar needs.
Jeffrey Nichols – Research Scientist Apple
George is great to work with, hits deadlines, is creative and does it all for a fair price. he is my go to guy.
David Waxman – MM Partners LLC
George was extremely professional and willing to go above and beyond. He provided extraordinary web development
Jeremy Neren – Gener8tor VP, Investment Accelerators
Feel free to call, text, email me or fill out the form below.
Contact Disclaimer: If you’re trying to sell me something, please email me or fill out the contact form below. Please leave me a message if you are interested in services and your call goes to vm. Thanks!